My Daily Gain

This is a blog of my daily devotions (or my daily gain). Why gain? In reading and studying God's Word each day, I'm gaining. I'm gaining in my walk with Him, in my relationship with Him, in wisdom, in knowledge, and in life. If you are a Christian, take time each day to read the Bible. If you aren't a Christian I'd love to hear from you.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Two points

There are a couple of things that stick out to me today in John 11.

First off, I notice that as Jesus talks with Martha, we see true faith.  In verse 22, Martha says "Even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You."  While many of the Jews were questioning Jesus (and his divinity), we see Martha's faith.  She knew that Jesus was able to do whatever He asked of God.  What a great encouragement!  Can we say the same thing?

Secondly, Jesus as He goes and sees the mourning family, shows really emotion.  I always through of Jesus as a non-emotional person, but I see His emotions come out two verses.  In verse 33 it says, "When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her also weeping, He was deeply moved in spirit and was troubled"  Also in verse 35 it simply says, "Jesus wept."  While Jesus was/is fully God, He was fully man.  In this being human had the same emotions that we do.  We can take refuge in that Jesus can relate to those of us we was troubled and are mourning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home