My Daily Gain

This is a blog of my daily devotions (or my daily gain). Why gain? In reading and studying God's Word each day, I'm gaining. I'm gaining in my walk with Him, in my relationship with Him, in wisdom, in knowledge, and in life. If you are a Christian, take time each day to read the Bible. If you aren't a Christian I'd love to hear from you.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

God is in Control! (Genesis 21)

"Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water; and shw went and filled the skin with water and gave the lad a drink." - Gen 21:19

How awesome is the Lord! The Lord knows everything that goes on in our lives and is in control of it. We can't hide anything from the Lord and he controls our lives.

Let me rewind just a moment, but we will get back to this point. This passage starts out with God finally giving of a child to Abraham. Issac is born and the promise of the Lord is fulfilled. We can take comfort in this, because every promise of God does come true. He promises that He will return someday, and we can rest assured that this will happen. Just you wait and see.

It goes on to talk about how Ismael was mocking of Issac. This was hard for Sarah. It was Sarah's idea to have Abraham and Hagar to bare a child and now the child is mocking her ofspring. It is seen as a type of a punishment.

Sarah has the idea to have Hagar and Ismael send away. This idea was hard on Abraham, but the Lord told him to go through with it. Abraham then sends Hagar and Ishmael out on their own (v. 14).

The Lord is with Hagar and protected her. He has everything under control and sees all that goes on. When things go wrong for Hagar and her son, the Lord protects them and gives them water. We can learn from this, in that the Lord has our lives under control. We need not to worry.

Verse of the Day: "Bless the LORD, O my soul, And all that is within me, [bless] His holy name." - Psalm 103:1

For your reading:
The Bible in One Year: Ezekiel 27-29 and 1 Peter 3
Daily Bread: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home