My Daily Gain

This is a blog of my daily devotions (or my daily gain). Why gain? In reading and studying God's Word each day, I'm gaining. I'm gaining in my walk with Him, in my relationship with Him, in wisdom, in knowledge, and in life. If you are a Christian, take time each day to read the Bible. If you aren't a Christian I'd love to hear from you.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Jesus divides but controls

In writing out John 7:14-53, you can't help but notice that Jesusin His daywas a very divisive person. Many were embracing His words and following Him. But there were many who did not like what He said. The words that Jesus spoke were new and challenging for those in that day and even today. There were some that disliked Him so much that they wanted to kill Him. Yet we see that even though they wanted to kill Him, He did not allow it as it was not the right time. 
 
If there were a large amount of people that were actively trying to kill me, I would be scared half to death!  Yet we see Jesus just going about His work without much (if any) fear.  He knew the date, time, and circumstances in which He would be killed.  So even the threats against Him did not worry Him, because He was in control. 
 
Even today, God is in control, we don't have to worry about what is going to happen because nothing happens until God allows it.  So even a huge earthquake in a poor country like Haiti does not happen unless God allows it.  We need to be praying that the affects of this disaster will bring people to the Lord and will honor Him.  Please take a moment and pray for those in Haiti.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home