My Daily Gain

This is a blog of my daily devotions (or my daily gain). Why gain? In reading and studying God's Word each day, I'm gaining. I'm gaining in my walk with Him, in my relationship with Him, in wisdom, in knowledge, and in life. If you are a Christian, take time each day to read the Bible. If you aren't a Christian I'd love to hear from you.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jesus' works

I know the theme of my blogs have been very similar.  But when John spends so much time talking about the deity of Jesus, I can't help, but focus on it.  In John 10, the Jews made an amazing statement, they said "How long will You keep us in suspense?  If You are the Christ tell us plainly." (vs 24)  After Jesus just got done telling them that is "I Am", which any Jew would have know right way that He was claiming to be God, how did they not understand that He was claiming to be God?

At this point Jesus made a statement, that I have often marveled at.  He first said the obvious, "I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father's name, these testify of Me." (vs 25)  He then goes on to tell an analogy that He is the shepherd and that we are His sheep.  At the end of the story, He said, "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I so then, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the father." (vs 37-38)

This begs a question, "if you don't believe that Jesus was God, what about His works/deeds?"  Nobody in the history of the world, has done what Jesus did.  His works should bring us to Him and should make us believe His words.

Jesus then goes on in chapter 11, to raise Lazarus from the dead, which is a great act.  Only God can raise another person from the dead.  If you don't believe Jesus was God, then believe in Him through His works!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home