My Daily Gain

This is a blog of my daily devotions (or my daily gain). Why gain? In reading and studying God's Word each day, I'm gaining. I'm gaining in my walk with Him, in my relationship with Him, in wisdom, in knowledge, and in life. If you are a Christian, take time each day to read the Bible. If you aren't a Christian I'd love to hear from you.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Fall of Man (Genesis 3)

"They heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden." (Genesis 3:8)

The fall of man was one of the biggest events in human history. It completely changed the course of history. We can only imagine what this world would have been like without the sin of Adam and Eve. I find it interesting that despite the fact that God knew man would sin, He still gave humans a choice (or free will).

After Adam and Eve sinned this is when they realized that they were naked. When trying to cover themselves, God asked them who told them they were naked. God then tells of the result of this sin.

In verse 16, God tells Eve that, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth". Before Adam and Eve sinned, what was God's plan? Did he intend on having humans reproduce? If you think about it, wasn't death the result of the fall? If so, then the Garden of Eden would have been paradise (or Heaven). This also means that Adam and Eve would have lived forever. But the question still remains, 'would they have had children?' I don't know. But I do know that if death was the result of the fall, then reproduction would be necessary in order to keep the human race going on earth.

Verse of the day:
"If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to give honor to My name," says the LORD of hosts, "then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings; and indeed, I have cursed them [already,] because you are not taking [it] to heart." - Malachi 2:2

For your reading:
The Bible in One Year: Jeremiah 43-45 and Hebrews 5
Daily Bread: 2 Timothy 2:1-10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home