My Daily Gain

This is a blog of my daily devotions (or my daily gain). Why gain? In reading and studying God's Word each day, I'm gaining. I'm gaining in my walk with Him, in my relationship with Him, in wisdom, in knowledge, and in life. If you are a Christian, take time each day to read the Bible. If you aren't a Christian I'd love to hear from you.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Institution of Marriage (Genesis 2)

"For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh." - Genesis 2:24

In this passage it's all about humans. God created man and made the Garden of Edon for man, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil, which he was not to eat from. At this time God had made rules for man, and gave man a job of naming all the creation. This makes it clear and jobs and rules were not part of the fall, but was something that God made from the beginning.

God said that it was not good for him to be alone, so God created woman out of man. This clearly id the design of marriage. I feel that those who look at homosexuality is okay, just don't understand. God created man and woman to be together, not man and man or woman and woman. There is only one way that humans can reproduce. Also in verse 24, it clearly states the institution of marriage, and anyone who wants to make marriage between same sex couples, doesn't understand that marriage was always designed to be between a man and a woman. It's very important that as Christians we stand for what God has made, and not except the sin of homosexuality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home