My Daily Gain

This is a blog of my daily devotions (or my daily gain). Why gain? In reading and studying God's Word each day, I'm gaining. I'm gaining in my walk with Him, in my relationship with Him, in wisdom, in knowledge, and in life. If you are a Christian, take time each day to read the Bible. If you aren't a Christian I'd love to hear from you.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Creation (Gensis 1)

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." (Gen 1:1)

Despite what other people may say it is very clear that God created the earth. And I feel He did it in 7 days. When you look at creations you have to know that there is a creator. Just like if you look at a painting you know that there was a painter. I take the Bible at it's word, if it says God created everything in 7 days, then I believe He did. It's awesome to see the power of God, all He had to do was speak and it was done. It must have been a sight to see.

Day 1 - light & dark (Gen 1:3-5)
Day 2 - sky (heavens) and waters (Gen 1:6-8)
Day 3 - land & plants (Gen 1:9-13)
Day 4 - Sun & stars (Gen 1:14-19)
Day 5 - birds, fish (all animals) (Gen 1:20-23)
Day 6 - humans (Gen 1:24-31)
Day 7 - rested (Gen 2:1-3)

In verse 3, it says "Then God said, 'Let there be light'". My question is this "what language did He speak?" He had not yet created humans, and after He did create humans what language did they speak? It's a question I will have to ask God in heaven someday.

Read: Gensis 1

Verse of the day: "And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home